Politsani Webpage Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > People Connection > People/Ancestry locating
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Father’s Mother

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Philip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Father’s Mother
    Posted: 19 February 2006 at 6:28am
We are trying to find the name of my Father's Mother. His name is Gregorios Christou (Gregory Christie) and his father's name was Phillipos Chreistou-also known as Lippe Nasio.
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Admin

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 6:34am
Okay, I passed on this info to my father James Dilios (Taki Dilios).  He made some phone calls to some people here in Portland, Maine.  I have some info for you, but there are many gaps and I may have spelled some names wrong in the process:

Phillipos Chreistou was married twice.  We do not have any info on his first wife, but his second wife was from the village Linguria (sp).  With his second wife, he had two children named Eleni and Thomas. 

My father has some questions for you:  Was Greg Christou born from Phillipos' first or second wife?  That information may help in the search.  I hope this info helps you and I apoligize if any of this information is spelled wrong or inaccurate. 

Best,

Michael Dilios

Edited by administrator
Philip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Philip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 2:39pm

Our thanks to you Michael and Taki Dilios for his help.

Greg Christou was born from Philippos first wife. We don't know her name or what village she came from.

Philippos Christou's second wife had Thomas and Eleni. Thomas died in New York and had a wife Ariadne and two children. . Eleni married Philip Notis and had Tony and Amalia (Notis) Calivas.

The songs you've just added are incredible-where did you find them!

Phil

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Admin

Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 1:07am
Hello!  Between my father (Taki Dilios) and my Uncle (Vasili Dilios), we had those tapes laying around the house.  They were either recorded in the mid-80's and sent to us, or we recorded them locally.  Also, when we took trips over we recorded them.  We have video as well that I want to post, but that will take time. 

Right now, this site has alot of the Dilios family because that is where I am getting the bulk of the songs and photos.  If you have anything at all from photos, music or anything else, we'd love to add it. 

The next step will be to post the Traditional Polyphonic Folk Songs from people singing IN Politsani.  Apparently, they do the best job over everyone else we have on tape.  As I look through my list, the people who sang on those tapes were:

Organizer of the Group(I believe he is the announcer too):

George Isos

Singers:

Christopher Regios

Thimo Pappandoni

Spiro Hashioti

George Karagianis

Niko Lina

Taqi Kiros

Thoma Bucka

Vasili Janoros

Harilaos Haxhis

Kosta Isos

and many more………..

I hope to have those up this week. 

Best.  -Mike
Philip View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Philip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 2:02am

Hi!

I Ariadhni (Thoma`s wife) eine i thiamou,adherfi tis mamas qe ixe 1 pedhi qe 2 kopeles.Afti me ti manamou eine kopeles tou Misto Liabis(Themistocles Gademis qe Evjenia Papakroni)

Egla.

sandifare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sandifare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 10:45am
Dear Philip, I am cousins with the Thomas Christou family, I emailed the youngest daughter and she went on the Politsani website but I don't know if you got her info.  Egla is her mom's niece and her cousin who told you about Thomas Christou family.  I tried to email you, at Montana418@comcast but it came back undeliverable.  I live in NJ my email is  sandifare@comcast.net if you would like to write me. My maternal grandparents were from Argirokrasto, Iperus.  I grew up with some of the songs posted on this website and got overwhelmed when hearing them again...been so long....I am 64 yrs old now and my yiayia took me all over visiting the Politsaniti families between NY and Brockton, Ma.   Carole Deftos Demetriades is my cousin and now lives in a neighboring town, she told me about the website.  Sandi Farella
Sandra
 Post Reply Post Reply