Politsani Webpage Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > People Connection > Tell us about yourself!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is your connection to Politsani?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Admin

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is your connection to Politsani?
    Posted: 31 March 2008 at 4:55pm
Please post your connection to Politsani.  How did you hear about this site?  Did your family grow up in Politsani?  Are you from a neighboring village?  Please do tell!  
leandhros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote leandhros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 5:17pm
Hi there to all! My name is Leandhros Meintis and I'm from Schoriades a village near Politsani. I live in Tirana capital city of Albania. My parents still live in Schoriades. I found this site searching for some friends of mine from Politsani. You've done a great job opening this site Mike, congratulations. It's good to hear news from Pogoni and from old friends and make new ones.
sandifare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sandifare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 10:59am
my name is Alexandra Photinatos Farella. Both my maternal grandparents were from Aryrokrasto...and I grew up among the Iperioti community in New York and visited them also in Brockton,Mass.  Both my grandparents died a long time ago, but I have photos to remind me of them. They both raised me until I was a teenager...as my parents owned a restaurant.  I grew up in Queens, NY.....I would like to get some history about both my grandfolks. They left Albania in the early 1900's.....I have a little info on my grandma's family and some on my grandfathers too...but anxious to know if anyone grandparents knew mine....Eleni Liabis Koustas and Haralambos Koustas.  Eleni's mother's maiden name was Gribizis. 
Sandra
sandifare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sandifare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 11:05am

message to Egla:  about Thomas Christou: you are Nanni's niece and I am related to you through my yiayia, Eleni Liabis Koustas.  I read your message about your mother and your aunt Ariadne (nanni).   So Your grandfather was Misto Liabis.   I will try to do this in Greek phonetics:  Ego eime Alexandra (Sandra) apo to New Jersey....H  thea mou Nanni meni stnv California.   H  yiayia mou etan Eleni Liabis Koustas. Grapse me otan thelis.

Sandra
EGLANTINA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EGLANTINA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:41am
Hi ! My name is Egla and my parents are :my father from Schoriades a village near Politsani and my mother from Politsani. I lived in Tirana capital city of Albania. Now I live in Israel. My cousin from Schoriades  told me about this site. You've done a great job opening this site. Mike, congratulations.
Nonis 7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nonis 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2008 at 10:34am

geia xara se olous sas kai kirios stin treloparea!!!me lene dionisi (nonis)kai exo politsanitiko aima!meno sto iraklio tis kritis edo kai 9 xronia tora...apo ta 10 mou,doulevo psiktikos se mia ap'tis megaliteres etairies tis xora."DAIKIN AIR CONDITIONERS".mi sas zaliso omos me afta!mia paratirisi mono:polous schoriadites exei to site?ida ginete?isterografo...re eni pou xathikes re treliari.pare kana tilefono...

olympiacos red believer...
you never wakl alone...
politsani gate 7...
leandhros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote leandhros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 7:30am
Kala re ekei kolises; Polous Schoriadites exei? Kai pio ine to problima sou diladi? Afou Imaste pio kompiuterades apo tous politsanites, IDA na kanoume?
Nonis 7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nonis 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 11:35am

Ela re xavale kanoume...ti provlima na'xo?plaka me kaneis?

olympiacos red believer...
you never wakl alone...
politsani gate 7...
Ipiros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ipiros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 11:41am
Hello everybody! My name is Yannis Economides and my great grand parent on my dad's side was from Politsani. His name was Miltiadis Economides and apparently he was a prominent person, as well as his father Athanasios who was aslo from Politsani. Miltiadis was a writer, I have also seen some of his novels published. It seems that the original name was Economou but changed to Economides at some point.

I am actually planning to visit Politsani with my father Miltos and uncle Sophocles this year. When is the best time to visit? Hopefully at a panigiri so as to have the chance to meet other Politsaniotes too!

Fotis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 2:45pm
Hello everyone!  My name is Frank and my Grandparents were from Politsani.  Their names were Vasili Hatzopoulos and Helen Vellios-Hatzopoulos.  Helen lived in Saco, Maine and moved to Brockton, MA when she married my grandfather.  When they had my mother, Doranne Hatzopoulos (Hatzis) they moved to Long Island, NY.  They were part of the Politsani Society in the Northeast and attended yearly picnics.

I still have family up north from the Vellios, Bufithis, Hatzopoulos, and Spiros families, all of Politsani origin.  I also would like to get in touch with the Economous, Terpos, Hadgiyanis, Nanos, Mantis, Sillis, Kitsari, Hatzis, and Yiotis families which have relations with my family.

I love the website and was very happy to find it online. 
Frank (Fotis) Hatzopoulos-Kwasny
BLiponis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BLiponis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 12:46pm
Dear Yannnis,

My name is Bessie (Christou/Christie) Liponis and I am related to you.  Miltiadis Economides was my great granduncle.  His sister, Hariklia (Economides) Iasonides was my grandmother and she brought me up here in the States. 
In Greek my name is Vasiliki, named for Hariklia's mother, I believe.
Your English is just great; congratulations.  I wish I could say the same for my Greek.
I was in Politsani in Sept./Oct. of 2009. I found it very emotional. 
My husband, now deceased, had Politsani roots also.  His mother, Madeline Kitsos Liponis, and his father, Demetrios Liponis, were all from the horio.
I am doing the family genealogy and there is a lot of information I would like to clarify - for starters, could you give me the names of Miltiadis' and Hariklia's siblings?
I would be so very happy if you would answer this post or to my personal email of CharlieandBess@verizon.net
I hope it won't take long; I anxiously check the Politsani web site regularly.
Efharisto para poli.

Bessie Liponis

BLiponis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BLiponis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 12:57pm
Hi Sandra!

Just wanted to let you know that Thomas Christou was my half-uncle, a sibling of Gregory Christie/Christou, my father.  I remember when they first came here from Greece - Uncle Tom, Ariadne and 2 children.  I was pretty young.
It sounds as if we may be related.  Can you figure out the genealogy?
I live in Andover, MA and my name is Bessie Christie/Christou Liponis.  My parents were Gregory and Areti Christie.
All the names you mention are very familiar just by having heard them in conversation, but when you are young, you do not pay too much attention.
Feel free to email me on my personal email address of CharlieandBess@verizon.net.  I would be delighted to hear from you.

Bess Liponis

Post Reply Post Reply