FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brothers from Politsani and Pogoni:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Admin

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brothers from Politsani and Pogoni:
    Posted: 14 July 2010 at 6:32pm
Brothers from Politsani and Pogoni:

I received the newspaper “Politsanitika nea” for the month of May and June 2010.  Although it is printed in Greek and hard for me to read by myself, I was very impressed as always with the good words that the Politsanites from Greece and Albania say and what they have done and what they continue to do to improve the town of Politsani.  As my father and uncle translated some of the articles from the newspaper, I was very impressed and now I understand some of the problems that are facing our town.

I happen to make a visit in 2007 and I fell in love with the scenery.  I ended up walking as far as the new forest in Jravia and according to my father’s memories, before he left the country, that part of the land back then was empty with no trees.  As I understand now, the town lately has had some destruction in the new forest.  A lot of trees have been cut down.  It is a shame to destroy such beauty.  Over here in the United States, we protect the forests and we have laws for when you cut a tree, you plant a tree.  Now it’s up to the Albanian government to watch the forest and it is the duty of the town board to be alert and enforce those laws.

Another impressive article was the effort to restore the St. Nicholas church.  The cost of the restoration was printed in the newspaper.  They need help and money to do this important project and that is why I am writing this: for people, no matter who they are, to donate something for this holy project.  And as I understand, the names of the donors will be printed in the future articles of the newspaper.

Also, the protection of the private property should belong in the family and nobody has the right to sell any piece of land without the consultation of the proper owners of close relatives of that property.

Many thanks to the names below from Politsani for the beautiful poems and stories about the old traditions (Too bad they are only in Greek, but that is ok!):

Christos Tselikis

Aristithi Jasonidis

Alqi Tsaneli

Mary Economous

And many many more………

Donations should be sent to:

Politsanitika nea
Sovriathu 23
104-31
Athens, Greece

Telephone:  210-523-8058

With respect,

Michael Dilios

Administrator-Politsani.com

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Admin

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2010 at 1:57pm
Brothers,

We have extended the date for all Church donations to November 15th.  Please do donate if you can to such a worthy cause.

Many thanks,

Michael Dilios
Administrator
Politsani.com
 Post Reply Post Reply